Does your bra show any of these telltale signs?
- The color has changed. Your white bra is looking grey and discolored. The nude, black and other colors have faded.
- Band may not feel as tight as it used to, and it may ride up in the back. Straps may slip off your shoulders even after adjusting.
- The fabric looks worn. Threadbare fabric increases the risk of show-through. The underwire could start to poke through.
- It’s too tight or too loose. Before you blame the bra, you should check your body. If you have changed due to weight loss, child birth, or surgery – it’s time for a new bra. Also a bra naturally stretches out over time.
It May Be Time To Replaced Your Bra
Avon Intimates are designed for great support and shaping. These well-know brands are at affordable prices and could become your next favorite bra!
NEW Playtex ® Secrets® Perfectly Smooth® Underwire Bra (US4747)
Two-ply underwire cups, light foam padding. Smooths side and back bulges. TruSUPPORT ® design provides higher sides for coverage, fuller cups for natural shape, wider straps for all-day ease and smoother back for stability. Nylon/ spandex/polyester/ cotton. Hand wash, line dry. Imported. Sizes: 36-42B; 36-44C,D, DD; 36-42DDD (all colors) reg. $46
AVAILABLE IN BLACK AND NUDE
Bali® One Smooth U® Posture Boost with EverSmooth™ Back Underwire Bra (DF3450)
Designed for allover back support and smoothing. Breathable cups and no-slip straps. Front closure. Nylon/spandex. Hand wash, line dry. Imported. Sizes: 36-44C,D,DD (all colors). reg. $48
AVAILABLE IN WHITE, SANDSHELL, NUDE, AND BLACK
Bali® 18 Comfort Revolution® EasyLite™ with Back Closure Wirefree Bra (DF3496)
Adjustable, convertible straps. Wicking fabric. Back closure. Lightly lined. Nylon/spandex. Hand wash, line dry. Imported. Sizes: S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL (all colors). reg. $48
AVAILABLE IN WHITE, SANDSHELL, TAUPE, AND BLACK
Bali® One Smooth U® Bounce Control Underwire Bra (DF3456)
Adjustable, convertible straps. Back closure. Lightly lined. Hand wash, line dry. Nylon/ spandex. Imported. Sizes: 34-44C,D,DD,DDD (all colors). reg. $48
AVAILABLE IN WHITE, SOFT TAUPE, AND BLACK
Bali® One Smooth U® Smoothing and Concealing Underwire Bra (DF3W11)
Seamless look with concealing petals. Back closure. Lightly lined. Nylon/polyester/ spandex. Hand wash, line dry. Imported.
Black: 34-40B; 34-42C,D,DD.
Soft Taupe or White: 34-40B; 34-42C,D,DD; 36-42DDD.
your perfect match
comfort never looked so sexy
AVAILABLE IN WHITE, PARIS NUDE, AND BLACK
Maidenform Casual Comfort® Convertible Bralette (DM1188)
Wireless. Multi-way straps can be worn as halter, crisscross or traditional. Foam cup for shaping. Mesh back panel with back closure. Nylon/spandex. Hand wash, line dry. Imported. Sizes: 34-36A; 34-38B,C,D (all colors). reg. $40
AVAILABLE IN WHITE, PARIS NUDE, NAVY, AND BLACK
Maidenform® Sexy Must-Haves Lace Cheeky Boyshort (DMCLBS)
Smooth look, no panty lines. Nylon/spandex/cotton. Hand wash, line dry. Imported. Sizes: 5/S–9/2XL (all colors).
AVAILABLE IN WHITE, LATTE LIFT, STEEL GREY, AND BLACK
Maidenform® One Fab Fit® Extra Coverage Lace T-Back Bra (07112)
Lace back for shaping. Adjustable straps. Front closure. Nylon/elastane. Hand wash, line dry. Imported.
White or Steel Grey: 34-42B,C,D; 34-40DD.
Latte Lift or Black: 34-42B; 32-42C,D; 32-40DD.
AVAILABLE IN PEACH SWIRL PRINT, LATTE LIFT/ BLACK, AND BLACK/ BEIGE
Maidenform® Comfort Devotion® No-Wire Demi Bra with Lift (09456)
Back- and side-smoothing. Cups provide extra coverage. Convertible straps. Back closure. Nylon/elastane. Hand wash, line dry. Imported. Sizes: 32-36A; 32-40B,C; 34-40D (all colors). reg. $48
AVAILABLE IN LATTE LIFT AND BLACK
Maidenform® Love the Lift® Demi Strapless Multiway Bra (09417)
Convertible straps for multiple ways to wear. Luxuriously soft, cloud foam cups with underwire straps. Stay-put band with back closure. Nylon/elastane. Hand wash, line dry. Imported. Sizes: 32-36A; 32-38B; 34-38C,D (all colors). reg. $48
How to Find Your Bra Size?
Bra Measuring & Sizing. For best results, have someone else measure you. If in-between sizes, buy the larger size.
1. Measure Band Size
Take a snug measurement around your rib cage, below your bust and shoulder blades. Then add 4 inches. If you get an odd number (like 35), round up to one (to 36).
2. Measure Bust Size
With a bra on and clothes off, measure around the fullest part of your bust.
3. Determine Cup Size
Compare bust measurement to band measurement. Subtract the band measurement (Step 1) from the bust measurement (Step 2). Then use the chart below to determine your cup size.
Shop your favorite brands like Bali®, Maidenform®, and Playtex® bras, panties, and shapewear, at affordable prices. Avon Intimates for women are designed for great support and shaping.
NOTE: If the Intimates are Representative Delivery Only, CONTACT ME to make arrangements for delivery of your order right to your doorstep, or to any other place you wish. I am also available for assistance in finding the perfect style and size.
Breast Shapes and Types
Every body is different and unique in shape and size. The bra style to flatter your body is influenced by the shape of your breast. Here are some recommendations to help find the style that looks best for your breast shape. Measuring & Sizing is always important to ordering the right bra and cup size so you get the perfect fit.
- Archetype shaped breasts are round and full with a small point at the nipple, It’s said to be the most common shape, so it’s what most bra manufacturers model their designs after. Most styles and designs will work with this breast shape.
- Asymmetric shaped breasts generally are two different sizes breasts. A seamless, full coverage bra will smooth the volume of the breast on a larger area and perhaps help visually reduce the difference of sizes.
- Athletic shaped breasts are wider ones where there is a wide separation between the breasts. Look for a plunging, seamless smoothing style, with or without padding or wires, perhaps therefore pushing the breasts together and enhance the cleavage.
- Bell shaped breasts are ones narrow/slimmer at the top and round/fuller at the bottom. Look for a underwire, full cup bra that supports the bottom of the breasts and provides the cup structure to lift the breasts to give more volume on top.
- Close set breasts have no separation or very small separation between them. Look for a plunging, seamless smoothing bra style with a lower shorter center front gore.
- Conical breasts are shaped more like cones, rather than round. Look for a demi bra with lift. The foam cups should push the center of your boob and lift and round out the shape. This is more common in smaller cup sizes.
- East West breasts are nipples that point outward, away from the center of your body. Look for a seamless smoothing bra that provides contour to provide shape and forward projection to the breasts.
- Relaxed breasts have looser breast tissue and nipples that point downward. Look for a underwire with a slightly shorter cup and more fullness at the top and support the breasts to point forwards.
- Round breasts have an equal amount of fullness at the top and the bottom. Most styles and designs will work with this breast shape.
- Side set breasts are further apart, with more space between them. Look for a plunging, wireless smoothing style that give additional depth if desired. Bras with underwires tend to have too wide a circumference and may lead uncomfortable fitting issues.
- Slender breasts are narrow and long, with nipples pointing downwards. Look for a demi bra with lift. A contour cups can push-up shallow breasts and give yourself a lift.
- Teardrop breasts are round with the bottom is just a little fuller than the top. Look for a underwire or demi bra with more side support to lift the breasts and make them look fuller on the top.
Additional Bra Fitting FAQs
- Do your bra straps cut into your shoulders? If so, you may be over-tightening the straps. Loosen them to relieve the strain.
- What is the advantage of an underwire? Underwires help relieve shoulder stress from bra straps by adding support below the breast. Underwires also provide shaping, for an attractive lift and look.
- Does your bust spill out over the top of your bra or bulge under the cups? If so, your bra cups are too small; go up one cup size (but be sure to keep the same band size).
- Do you have wrinkles in your cups at the top or sides? Then your bust is not filling out the cup properly; try a smaller cup size.
- Is your underwire uncomfortable? The underwire should gently surround your bust and should not pinch or poke. If it does, try a larger cup size.
- Does the back of your bra ride up higher than the front? If so, your band is too loose, you should tighten the band and loosen the straps. If that doesn’t help, you should try a smaller band size. Remember the lower the back of the bra fits, the more support you get.
- How do you prevent your bust line from sagging? Try shortening the straps; if your bust line still sags you may need a smaller cup size or try a firm support style with rigid straps.
- Does the band of your bra dig in? A bra that fits correctly should be snug but not tight. Try a larger band size or a bra with a wider band.
- What if one of my breasts is larger than the other? This is a common problem among women. Always fit the larger breast. Choose styles with stretch fabric in the cups or padded cups. You can also adjust the strap of the larger breast looser than the strap of the smaller breast.
- What is the best way to put on shapewear? Gather the garment from the legs to the waist. Step into the legs and pull up. When the bottom is seated correctly, unroll the garment over the torso.
- How often should you be fitted for a bra? You should be fit for a bra at least once a year. You should also be fit if you gain or lose weight, during pregnancy, after childbirth, during menopause and if you begin an exercise program.
- How should you care for your bras? Do use a gentle detergent, and wash in cold water. Do fasten the hooks, and use the lingerie wash bag. Do store bras properly — fold them I half with one cup inside the other, or stack them in a row. Don’t put in the dryer.
- When should you replace your bras? When the color changes: White bras will turn gray, dark colors start to fade. When the fabric stretches out: Band may not feel as tight as it used to, and it may ride up in the back. Straps may slip off your shoulders even after adjusting. When the fabric looks worn: You risk getting jabbed by the underwire, and once the fabric starts getting threadbare, your chances for show-through increases. When it’s too tight or too loose: Your bra may be in perfectly good shape but maybe your figure has changed due to weight loss, childbirth, or surgery.
Shop from your seat, not on your feet, and save when you shop the latest Women’s Clothes & Lingerie by Avon Fashion. Shop quality Lingerie & Sleepwear, Stylish Lingerie with an Avon Representative, like the Avon Lady of NJ.