Chat with the Avon Lady of NJ, Avon Skin Care
Chances are you’ve heard about the benefits of retinol when it comes to reducing the appearance of wrinkles, but might not understand exactly what this hero ingredient is and why it’s so essential to combat aging to your skin.
Isa Knox Clinical has state-of-the-art, youth-boosting technologies, skin-firming collagen stimulators, super-revved resurfacers… and now our highest level of retinol (1%!) for the most advanced visible wrinkle-fighting results ever!
So let’s chat about retinol!
What does retinol do for my skin?
- It does it all, and is one of the top superhero ingredients in anti-aging skin care products.
- Here’s why: retinol works to stimulate collagen production and accelerate skin turnover, visibly smoothing fine lines and wrinkles. It also helps visibly fade acne marks and discoloration.
Is retinol safe for everyone to use?
Almost any skin type can tolerate retinol, but… Who shouldn’t use retinol?
- Those who have sensitive skin types, as delicate skin can take longer to adjust.
- If you have over-exfoliated skin from at-home or in-office treatments.
- If your skin is sunburned.
- Not recommended for use in women that are pregnant or nursing. For anyone in these categories, suggest trying our Farm Rx Bakuchiol collection, with a plant-based alternative to retinol.
HOW TO USE 1% RETINOL
- I recommend the “low and slow” approach. Start with a pea-sized amount on one night, then wait a few days to check your tolerance. If you don’t experience a reaction, use again. If you do, try mixing the retinol with your moisturizer.
- Use retinol 1-2X per week at first. Gradually work up to 3X per week or every other day.
- Only recommended for PM use, as retinol makes your skin more sensitive to sunlight. And always be sure to use SPF in the AM. Our Solaire collection offers two options, both with SPF 50!
Skin care products with the ingredient of retinol
Isa Knox Anew Clinical Line Eraser with Retinol [1.0%] Advanced Retinol Serum – High-performance serum dramatically reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and dark spots.
Isa Knox Anew Clinical Line Eraser with Retinol Targeted Treatment – For someone with targeted concerns like the forehead or smile lines.
Anew Skinvincible Day Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 50 – Moisturizes for 24 hours, suitable for sensitive skin, targets dehydrated skin and wrinkles, and contains retinol.
Dr. Belmeur Advanced CICA Eye Cream – Help moisturize and visibly firm the dry, delicate area around eyes with this gentle, highly effective eye cream, with soothing cica extract and wrinkle-smoothing pro-retinol.
The Creme Shop Timeless Renewal Eye Creme – Smoothing & Brightening – Visibly restore a plump and youthful glow! Formulated with retinol and vitamin C to help firm and stimulate collagen production.
The Creme Shop Retinol Face Mask – A fan favorite! This Retinol-infused face mask is the all-in-one powerhouse to help repair and revive the look of tired, aging skin and even help fight acne and brighten hyperpigmentation so skin looks clear and radiant.
The Creme Shop Retinol & Vitamin C Fusion Sheet Mask – Enjoy the benefits of two powerhouse ingredients in one sheet mask. Infused with retinol, vitamin C and hyaluronic acid, this mask is a relaxing treatment to help smooth the appearance of blemishes and brighten discoloration.
I DON’T HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN, BUT MY SKIN IS REACTING. WHY?
You often go through something called “the purge” when first starting or increasing your retinol dosage. The purge generally causes redness, flakiness or even breakouts. Stick with it! It can take a few weeks, but the end results are worth it!
It’s been a few weeks and my skin is still angry…
There could be various reasons: using too often, too much, using in the AM (a big no-no!) or mixing with other active ingredients like exfoliators or other acids like AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid). This is a case of too much of a good thing, which can be…too much!
Help me fix it!
A reaction is usually due to dryness or irritation and isn’t difficult to fix. Simply pull back on retinol application (and other products with active ingredients, except SPF). Use a gentle cleanser and moisturizer designed to help with skin’s repair. For cleansers, think sulfate-free (LXNEW Clean Gel, Cream or Whipped Oil) and moisturizers like Green Goddess Facial Oil or Dr.Belmeur Recovery Cream. Once your skin issue is resolved, you can slowly start adding retinol back to your PM routine.
FREE Isa Knox Anew Clinical Collagen Booster Eye Lift Pro
with select two skin care purchases.
Campaign 2 Avon Brochure: THE FUTURE OF SKIN CARE IS NOW! Our most advanced wrinkle fighter ever! + FREE Eye Lift Pro (see inside). Campaign 2 (C-2) Avon Brochure closes on 1/31/23 at 11:59 pm ET / 8:59 pm PT.
SHARE BEAUTY, GET PERKS
Unlock my exclusive VIP Perks opportunity. Share the beauty stories and products with loved ones from the Avon iconic brand and LG H&H Japanese and Korean beauty brand. Earn credits for our world-class beauty products* that you desire PLUS a FREE Gift.
I provide a unique shopping link. You simply share the link with friends and family. Host a virtual party and watch grow your circle of friends grow. Either way, I will be there to help you succeed from start to finish.
SHARE YOUR AVON VIP LINK
Share your unique shopping link with your circle of family, friends, co-workers, neighbors, and fellow mothers to have fun looking at and shopping for our coveted beauty and skin care products, salon-quality hair care and tools, home essentials and more. And as they shop, the order total grows, and the VIP Perks increases, too!
HOST AN AVON VIRTUAL PARTY
Host a Facebook Live Party and invite your Facebook friends and family connections. I put together the tools needed to run a successful Facebook Party including a custom event invitation message, help with a fun party theme, and pre-party posts to drive attendance. During the event, I can do product demonstrations as well as run games where the winners are mailed their prizes. Your unique shopping link is shared and kept open post-party for additional sharing and shopping. And as the order total grows, and the VIP Perks increases, too!
AVON LADY OF NJ’S VIP PERKS
- Unlock access to VIP Perks as soon as your unique shopping link sales total reaches $40 in Beauty* sales. You receive a 20% credit for Beauty* products, as well as a FREE Gift.
- After Beauty* sales reach $250, earn an additional 5%
- Beauty* sales greater than $500*, earn a 35% earned credit and two FREE Gifts
- Each family/friend that unlocks access their own unique VIP Perks, you BOTH get a “Thank You” Gift
Fill Out the Form Below and I Will Get In Touch with You:
Thank you in advance for considering unlocking access to VIP Perks with me.
Nancy, the Avon Lady of NJ
P.S. An Avon Lady of NJ VIP Perks can be used as an Avon Fundraiser!
*Beauty sales/products includes Beauty/Jewelry and Inner Beauty/Health & Wellness. Fashion & Home sales/products have a maximum 15% earned credit (products with a diamond symbol in the current Avon Brochure). Earned credit is based on your shopping link’s order total at the chosen end date. Online orders are done with unique shopping link with orders are shipped directly to any Contiguous United States address. Free Standard Ground Shipping on $60 – $149.99 orders (excluding Alaska & Hawaii). Orders under $60, the shipping fees range from $8 to $17. Expedited Delivery is available for an additional charge.